The Kaida Pack Rod is the perfect packable rod for those who need to save space
- Short Collapsed Length that will fit in a common backpack, motorcycle compartments, small enough to strap on bike frames, or fit in your airplane carry on bag.
- Multi-Length Zoom Rod so you fish it fully extended in open casting areas or zoom it down one length when casting area is overgrown and tight. It casts awesome in both lengths.
- Medium-Soft Action With A Hint Of Fiberglass. Most tenkara pack rods are stiff due to so many sections, so we added just the right amount of glass in certain sections to make our pack rod cast like a dream.
- Light Weight so you can cast it all day with very little fatigue and save weight in your ultra-light backpack.
- IT IS FUN! We have taken this rod to a few fly fishing expos and everyone just loves casting it. Although it will handle a decent sized fish, it is just the right action to make the little mountain trout plenty of fun to catch.
Although it will handle a 16 inch trout or bigger, I would use it in places where the trout are commonly smaller than 14 inches. It would also be a blast on a bluegill pond.
While this is an awesome pack tenkara rod, it is also a great rod length and action for kids to learn on. And with our parts being readily available at a low price, accidents kids may have with the rod are not as big of a stress.
Kaida Pack Rod Specs:
- Collapsed Length: 45.4cm (17.875in) - This is a pack rod not a pocket rod.
- Extended lengths: 286.34cm (9.396ft), 319cm (10.46ft)
- Weight (with out tip plug or cap): 70 g (2.5 ounces)
- Rod Tube Length: 19 inches
- Action: 6:4
- CCS/RFI: 14 pennies/4.9, 16 pennies/5
- Tippet Rating: 4x